WeavePoint | Weaving software
Last updated December 6th - 2018
This is the page to return to occasionally,
to see the latest WeavePoint news.
New in WeavePoint 220.127.116.11
- Added functionality in Tie-up Special.
- Support for AVL Compu-Dobby 5.
New in WeavePoint 18.104.22.168
- In Yarn Info, letters are added to the list of available symbols.
- A few minor adjustments.
New in WeavePoint 22.214.171.124
- A few adjustments for some edit commands with the pattern scrolled up.
New in WeavePoint 8
- Visual Floats - New interactive dialogue in the Analyze menu,
lets you see floats by selected length visually in the drawdown.
- Select - New and extended selection options. The command
"Edit/Select and Copy" has changed to "Edit/Select". The selection
will be marked in the draft, just like when you make a selection by
using the mouse. This allows marking a selection that extends outside the
current screen view, for Copy, Modify, Crop, etc.
- A selected area in the draft will now stay selected even when panning and zooming.
- New way to adjust or enlarge a selection: First, make a selection. Then, press
the Shift key on the keyboard (the one you hold down to get a capital letter) and click
the mouse outside or inside a selection to adjust it's size.
- Warp Color Order - New interactive dialogue for creating or analyzing a warp color
order/colorway. A "live" version of the warp color table found with recipes in various
- Added toolbar icons for New, Undo, Redo and Edit Colors.
- Translate dialogue: Several new buttons and 5 new weaves added to the library.
- Multiply Shafts - new item in Utilities menu. Use more shafts than necessary to eliminate moving
heddles from one shaft to another shaft. Some computer-assisted looms works optimally when all shafts are being used.
- In Insert Treadling, when you select to insert tabby, the option "Insert tabby in Tie-up" is added.
- In Edit Colors, new small buttons added, to copy the top line.
- The Options settings for pattern size (number of ends and picks) are now saved in the program.
- Added Printer Setup to appear with all print commands.
- A few minor additions and adjustments.
New in WeavePoint 126.96.36.199
- Floats analysis window is enlarged so that scrolling down is no longer needed.
- Fabric background color changed from black to grey.
- A few minor adjustments.
New in WeavePoint 7.2.1
- The Options settings Yarn Colors in Grids and Numbers in
Grids are now saved in the program (when Save Settings on Exit
- Open and save Staubli 1858 III-files, which can be used for
transferring patterns to industrial shaft weaving machines.
New in WeavePoint 7.2
- Double Width - new item in the Transform menu. Lets you fold
the cloth so that you can weave a cloth up to double the width
of your loom. Includes Fold Double, Tubular and an option to
offset the fold by a chosen number of ends.
- The Tools menu from the Yarn dialogue is now also available
in Edit Colors.
- With Expand: If part of the threading or treadling is selected,
only the selected part will be expanded
New in WeavePoint 188.8.131.52
- New option to set the default color for a new pattern. Added
- A few minor tweaks.
New in WeavePoint 184.108.40.206
- New way to rearrange shafts and treadles: Drag and drop shafts
and treadles with the mouse/hand cursor. Available under Move
Shafts/Treadles in the Utilities menu.
- A few minor tweaks.
New in WeavePoint 220.127.116.11
- Fixed an issue with the new Tie-up/Liftplan toggle button
- some menu
item texts did not get updated with the change of loom system.
- A few minor tweaks.
New in WeavePoint 18.104.22.168
- New popup menu in the Browse window: right-click a thumbnail
image to delete or rename a pattern file.
New in WeavePoint 22.214.171.124
- Multiple undo and redo!
- New toolbar button let's you quickly toggle between tie-up
and liftplan mode.
- New items in the the Transform menu: Delete in Threading
and Delete in Treadling.
- An option to insert blank ends has been added in Transform/Insert
Threading, and similar in Insert Treadling.
- Fixed reading WIF-files once more, now it should be fine
New in WeavePoint 126.96.36.199
- Color index added in Fill/Colors.
New in WeavePoint 188.8.131.52
- Fixed that some WIF-files sent by email or originating from
a Mac would not open.
New in WeavePoint 184.108.40.206
News in loom control window:
- In the Go To dialog you can now also set a new range to weave.
May be useful for the weaver who puts some different patterns
in the liftplan and wants to change between them along the way
without exiting from loom control. This dialog has also a new
option: Reset Total woven counter.
- In Weave/Options, a new option: Save&Resume Total woven
count. Normally the count is reset for each weaving session,
but now one can choose to save the count for the next session
when using Save and Resume.
- If using the now common wide screen HD monitor type, the
loom control screen will show more ends in the drawdown (and
the fabric part to the left more narrow) than before.
- With Tabby, an icon now shows clearly (like with Reverse).
New in WeavePoint 220.127.116.11
- AVL loom control: New USB mode for Compu-Dobby IV means you
don't need to deal with COM ports anymore.
New in WeavePoint 18.104.22.168
- Transform menu: With Straight Threading, the option Pointed
Threading will also be available, if possible.
- A few minor changes.
New in WeavePoint 22.214.171.124
- Options dialog: Apply button added. Apply works like OK,
but without closing the dialog.
New in WeavePoint 126.96.36.199
- Options: Numbers in grids - let's you have numbers in the
grids on the screen, too (before this was only for printing and
export as png-image).
- Fabric Options: Start Simulation on even Pick/End - gives
a slightly alternative fabric simulation for some weaves.
New in WeavePoint 7
- With the new Browse dialog you can look for WeavePoint pattern
files by thumbnail images.
- Yarns: Select name, description and a symbol for use in the
threading and treadling or liftplan for each yarn.
- New Fabric view with simulation of balanced, warp faced,
weft faced and double weave, thick and thin yarn, space between
threads, supplementary yarn.
- New Fill\Colors dialog. Quickly fill in your selected colors
in warp and weft.
- Under Utilities, Change Face will quickly let you see the
back side of the cloth reverses and flips the cloth. Note
that there is also a Change Face toolbar button.
- New menu item under Transform: Expand. Use this to enlarge
the pattern by a selectable scale factor in warp and weft. Typically
used to enlarge a profile draft or to multiply the lines in a
- Under Utilities, Flip Liftplan will flip the full liftplan.
Can be useful when pasting liftplans copied from other programs,
when changing layout options and more.
- In Options, a new option is added: Fill grids with yarn colors.
Threading, treadling and liftplan are filled with yarn colored
squares instead of black squares. Colors and symbols (see Yarn
Info dialog box) can be combined.
- Open PNG graphic files. Works like opening BMP files. You
can save in PNG format in most graphics programs, like PhotoShop.
PNG is a lossless file format with good compression, well suited
for weaving patterns. The image will open in Design mode.
- In Print Draft, added option to select number of copies.
- The Note toolbar button will be blank if no information is
entered and will show lines if information has been entered.
- Press the PageUp/PageDown keys to jump 3 zoom steps at the
New in WeavePoint 188.8.131.52
- WeavePoint AVL version runs the new Compu-Dobby IV loom control
from AVL. Choose between ethernet, USB and serial COM connectivity.
New in WeavePoint 184.108.40.206
- Support for the new Selectron MAS loom control from ARM in
New in WeavePoint 6.4.1
- In the Paste Special dialog, a new option: Color, has been
added. You can use this to add your yarn color or use it to add
a clearly visible color to make it easier to track what you have
pasted. If you select both Color and Insert, the inserted segment
will be in the selected color.
- With Paste Special, Insert now also works in the liftplan
from version 220.127.116.11.
New in WeavePoint 6.4
- A new option, under Grid (Options menu) is including numbers
next to the marking lines in the threading and treadling/liftplan.
The numbers next to the marking lines are available in zoom level
7 and up. The numbers are larger at higher zoom levels. In Print
Draft and Export/Save Draft as PNG-image, you can select/unselect
- A new option in Print Draft is being able to print to scale:
Set ends per inch or grid square size in millimeters. Even after
setting the scale you can adjust the number of ends and picks
to print. Select to print the full draft, the threading only
or the treadling/liftplan only.
- Another new option in Print Draft is having the threading
and treadling/liftplan print in color. When selected, the threading
and treadling/liftplan will be printed in the designated colors
instead of showing the colors in adjacent grids. Tip: Select
both the color and number options to ensure visibility when white
or a very light color is used.
- A new option, under Style (Options menu) is Show Structure.
You can select to Show All, a specific area of the cloth, or
a repeat. Showing the first repeat as structure is typically
useful in an educational situation. The structure area selected
will be saved with the pattern. The structure colors are white
and a selected color. Click the Structure Color to change the
- The Float window (Analyze menu) remains open and can be moved
around the screen while you locate a specific float. After making
a change, the window will remain open, and you may click the
Update button to update the float information.
- In Paste Special (Edit Menu), a Transparent button is added.
For pasting in liftplan, tie-up, treadling, and also in design
- WeavePoint will now remember the window size, instead of
always opening in full screen. Especially useful with large and
wide screen monitors.
- The name of WIF files is now displayed in the title bar.
- The toolbar has added a Notes button for quicker access to
notes saved with a draft.
- Also, a few minor changes...
New in WeavePoint 6.2.3
- Some changes for improved compatibility with Windows Vista.
New in WeavePoint 6.2
- New menu item in the Edit menu: Modify. To quickly invert,
or cycle (wrap) the selection.
- In Design mode, a selected area will now be darkened (except
colors will be lightened) to more easily see the selection.
- In loom control, when placing the mouse cursor in the liftplan,
number pointed at will be displayed in the status line.
- Louet loom driver for Megado, Magic Dobby and Octado looms
is now available.
New in WeavePoint 6.1.2
- Color option added in Insert Threading, Insert Treadling
and Insert in Liftplan.
- In Insert Parallel, Step can now be 0, to just double or
triple the threading or treadling.
- In Translate, reanalysis of the threading (to minimize number
of shafts) is now optional.
- Improved loom control window: Improved visibility with larger
fonts, Go To and Back buttons added, tabby counter added, and
more (from version 18.104.22.168).
- Some minor adjustments.
New in WeavePoint 6.1
- New item in Transform menu: Insert one or more parallel threadings
quickly and easily, with selected interval and color.
- New option for printing a draft: Fill with numbers.
- Save Draft as PNG-image. Useful for making quality draft
images for publication in books etc.
- New item in Edit menu: Crop.
- New option in Insert Threading/Treadling: Above, Below, Overlap.
New in WeavePoint 6.0
- Maximum number of ends and picks increased to 9600.
- Maximum number of shafts and treadles increased to 128.
- Design mode maximum size increased to 2400 ends and picks.
- Preview and Cancel options added in many Edit, Utility and
- Undo is now available after most menu commands.
- Marking Lines in grids. Choose interval and colors. You can
use this also to visually mark a repeat, by setting the intervals
equal to the repeat size. A button is included to quickly set
the marking lines to the repeat size.
- New standard palette with more colors.
- Transform/Overlay now also works in Design mode (great for
- In Translate/Overlay library, added weaves for Summer &
Winter: alternating, birdseye, x-style and dukagang.
- Fabric can be displayed and printed with a yarn-like surface.
- Save Fabric as PNG-Image, to let you open large patterns
in other programs for editing or printing.
- New twill generator.
- The Notes window can now be floating, so that you can edit
the pattern while the Notes window is open, and it is now resizeable.
- Link/Unlink Colors when inserting and deleting.
- Date and time is added on printouts.
- And much more...
New in WeavePoint 5.4.4:
Various improvements with handling Options. The Save Settings
command is moved from the Options menu to the Options dialog.
In addition, a few minor changes.
WeavePoint Project Planner 2.1
A few improvements to the program interface: Recent files
will now appear at the bottom of the File menu. The program will
now ask if you want to save your project, only if any changes
was made since the last save. Added shortcuts in the File menu.
Complex Drafting 5.4
The Complex Drafting special version of WeavePoint is now
released in a true Windows version.
New in WeavePoint 5.4:
- Changed to flat speed buttons in the toolbar and added a
speed button for Options.
- In Tromp As Writ - added Switch Warp/Weft Colors.
- New drawdown style option: Outlined threads.
- New option to select the position of shaft 1 in the threading
- at the top or bottom of the threading grid.
- In Draft mode, you can now scroll the pattern up and down
with the wheel on a wheelmouse.
- Added keyboard shortcuts to switch drawing mode: Press the
S key or M key.
New in WeavePoint 5.3:
- Traditional Block Substitution is now added, and you can
draw your own blocks.
- Keyboard Input, for editing the draft with keyboard only,
without using the mouse.
- Numeric Input of sequences in threading and treadling, using
formulas like 3(1-8-1 8).
- New option to start the threading from the left side.
- New option to have treadle 1 on the right or left side.
WeavePoint Project Planner 2.0
The Project Planner, which is included with WeavePoint, is
now in version 2.0, rearranged according to user feedback. Sectional
warping calculation is added. Tex and Denier yarn conversion
is included. A few things are corrected and Help is extended
with calculation formulas and more.
New in WeavePoint 5.2:
- The Project Planner can now be started from the Options menu
- New option in the Print Draft dialog, to print the Note below
the draft image. This is a very easy way to add text to a draft
- In the Note window, an Edit menu is added. This makes it
easier to copy and paste text from other sources, like the Project
New in WeavePoint 5.1c:
- Utilities/Tromp as Writ has added the option to copy also
from treadling to threading.
- If threading is not on display in the draft on the screen
(toggle threading speed button), printing the draft will not
print the threading.
- A few minor adjustments.
New in WeavePoint 5.1:
- New option to weave top down!
- New Library menu - pick common threadings, generate endless
twill variations automatically, create satins with the satin
- Paste Special now works also in tie-up.
- Advancing twill function added.
- Various smaller additions and adjustments...